Sample association conference program: 4 days / 1,000 delegates
Offering an impressive array of national attractions, dining and entertainment options, outdoor adventure and vibrant precincts, your group will marvel at the richness of Australian capital experiences.
Delegates fly into Canberra International Airport and, after a short 10-minute drive into the city, check into their CBD hotel.
After registering for their conference at the National Convention Centre Canberra, delegates have free time for a stroll or e-scooter ride around Lake Burley Griffin, before tonight’s welcome cocktail reception, overlooking 250 hectares of rolling hills at the National Arboretum Canberra.
Delegates walk the short distance or catch the light rail to the convention centre for a day of conferencing. Access to speakers from Federal Parliament, Ministers, sector experts and thought leaders from government and five leading universities, including the top ranked Australian National University, informs content for the day.
Accompanying partners begin the day with breakfast at one of the many cafés lining Lonsdale Street in Braddon, and go on to explore the city and its cultural icons with a:
- Visit to a blockbuster exhibition at the National Gallery of Australia, National Museum of Australia or Australian War Memorial
- Behind-the-scenes tour of Australian Parliament House
- GoBoat ride on Lake Burley Griffin
- Wild animal encounter at the National Zoo & Aquarium.
Dinner takes place in one of Canberra’s many fine dining establishments, such as Sage Dining Rooms or hatted restaurant Monster Kitchen & Bar, or in a more casual setting at Akiba, Amici or Braddon Merchant.
Delegates wake early for a brisk walk up Mount Ainslie, delivering unparalleled views of the city, before heading to the conference venue for a day of sessions and trade exhibition.
Partners have the option to:
- Tour some of the 30 winery cellar doors all within a 35-minute drive from Canberra
Head to Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve to learn the indigenous history of the land and see native flora and fauna
- Enjoy a long lunch on the expansive grounds at Pialligo Estate, surrounded by 22 acres of vineyards, orchards, olive groves, and vegetable gardens, or an iconic High Tea experience at Hyatt Hotel Canberra.
Tonight’s gala dinner is held at the National Convention Centre Canberra, showcasing the venue’s world-class catering, sourced from local produce and sure to please the most discerning of delegates.
Delegates attend the final session of the conference which concludes at midday, and have time for a round of golf at Federal Golf Club, a relaxing wellness experience at Hale Spa, or a well-deserved drink at a local brewery like Bentspoke Brewery or Capital Brewing Co, before heading home via Canberra International Airport.